The whole project is organised by students of the TU Braunschweig and the HBK. The core team consists of:
- André Ballzuweit (Concept Art and Character Design)
- Vandel Tien Vu Do (Concept Art, Interface Design and print media)
- Andrea Keil (Scripting and 3D Modelling)
- Nurmala Knappheide (Textures)
- Christian Lipski (Lead Artist)
- Tobias Mahlmann (Team Leader and Lead Programmer)
- Lorenz Rogge (3D Programming and 3D Modelling)
- Christoph Salge (Lead Designer)
- Friso von Weyhe (Concept Art and Environmental Design)
Apart from working on the game itself these students also write academic essays which relate to their field of work. In addition to the core team there are several other students involved.
- Johannes Kaufmann is the author of the background story and the in-game texts.
- Sven Flegel composes the Atlantis Soundtrack.
- André Balzuweit, Vandel Tien Vu Do and Friso von Weyhe work as concept artists on the visual appearance of the game.
- Nurmala Knappheide texturises the 3D objects of the game world.
More than twenty computer science students were involved in designing and programming several balancing algorithms and AI clients for Atlantis, which are the basis of the actual AI Client used in the game. There are several members of university staff who supervise and counsel the project.
- Prof. Bernhard Rumpe (Software Systems Engineering, TU Braunschweig)
- Prof. Eku Wand (Institute for New Media, HBK)
- Prof. Marcus Magnor (Institute for Computer Graphics, TU Braunschweig)
- Brigitte Mathiak (Institute of Information Systems, TU Braunschweig)